Monday, October 20, 2014

Our Favorite Designer Handbag Label is Coming to London

This morning I read some of the most exciting news in a while:  PLIA Designs is coming to London.  In my in-box this morning was a fresh press release from PLIA Designs head of PR, Dante.  He was reaching out to all of his fashion colleagues and magazine editors informing us that a new PLIA Designs shop-in-shop would debut on the accessories floor in Harrods at the first of March.  I was so excited that I couldn’t finish reading the rest of my emails.  That gave me plenty of time to plan my trip across the pond.  PLIA Designs is renowned for their aesthetic and quality.  And compared to other designer labels, they are ultra affordable and always stalwart classical style with a twist.  You will never have to pay two thousand dollars for one of their handbags nor does the label aspire to those sort of exuberant prices.  It’s a democratic designer label that is available to everyone.  With PLIA Designs, nothing is in or its out; rather it’s all about how you carry their handbags.  You can team up one of their satchel handbags with your favorite moto jacket.  Their sleek lambskin Milton clutches carry you from day to evening.  These beautiful clutch bags are large, but not overly so.  The square shape fits perfectly under your arm and with the detachable shoulder chain, you can also wear it cross body.  There have been many occasions where I carry my Milton clutch to work and then go straight from the office to a cocktail party.  It’s the best clutch I’ve carried that transitions so seamlessly from day to night.  Londoners are going to be in for a huge surprise with PLIA Designs hits Harrods.  Many British fashionistas may already own one of their handbags, but there is nothing like seeing them close up in a department store.  Attached to the press release was an invite to the new shop-in-shop.  (As an aside, I’m so glad they didn’t use the term ‘pop-up.’  That term is so overplayed it needs to be put to rest.  I think many of you reading this will agree.)  I immediately emailed Dante back and told him I would make the grand opening and that I was already planning my outfits in my head.  Seriously, who doesn’t plan their outfits far in advance?  

Three weeks later I booked my flight to London.  It just so happened I needed to be there a few days later to interview two new designers debuting at London Fashion Week.  I’m a huge fan and advocate of British design and talent.  There is a freshness and a stronger will to take risks compared to New York and Paris.  I like seeing designers take risks in the fashion world.  It’s so stagnate when everything stays the same.  After all, the beauty of fashion is that so many different styles exist and people gravitate towards different ways of dressing.  It would be boring if everyone wore the same outfit and hate the same taste and style.  Fashion is about exploration and discovering.  No doubt Londoners will love discovering PLIA Designs.  Their edited collections of designer handbags are appropriate with colorful, over the top creations and also with paired down business basics.  



That same afternoon after booking my flight, my boss asked if I’d like to also cover the opening party for PLIA Designs.  Of course I jumped on the chance.  I work for an entertainment television network and I knew my viewers would love seeing this handbag label that is carried and adored by celebrities like Charlize Theron and Kim Kardashian.  I knew Dante would love the publicity and let me bring my camera crew to the festivities.  It looked like I was gearing up to be rather busy whilst in London.  But that is fine.  I love mixing work with travel and a side dish of fun.  Because I’d mentally laid out my wardrobe, I already knew what I was going to pack and I laid many of those outfits aside.  That’s how I like to back for work and vacation.  I like to lay out everything I will wear and that way the hard part is over.  Except for putting the items in a suitcase, the packing is nearly complete.

Over the weekend I prepped and studied up on PLIA Designs.  Actually, there wasn’t much studying as I know a lot about the brand.  PLIA Designs makes some of the worlds most beautiful and coveted designer handbags.  These designer handbags have a waiting list in many department stores and boutiques.  I knew there would be a long line snaking its way through Harrods for PLIA’s new shop-in-shop.  The world of PLIA Designs designer handbags is made up of craftsmanship, beautiful leathers and fabrics and most of all ultra-amazing leather goods and bags that are simply irresistible.  I could not wait for the grand opening party.  Keep reading for my reporting from London.  I may even be able to post video.




No comments:

Post a Comment